Positive Developments Ltd. provides a wide range of rehabilitation supports, services and programs to survivors of traumatic brain injury. At Positive Developments Ltd., services offered vary from therapeutic residential homes to providing in-home or community supports.
The Brain Injury Specialist will provide service in our Supports for Community Living program and Living Skills program. Supports for Community Living is a program that provides flexible supports to a person who has sustained a brain injury. The program is designed to promote independent living and tailored to maximize each person’s potential.
The Brain Injury Specialist will provide customized supports to assist brain injury survivors to develop their capacity for living as independently as possible. The Brain Injury Specialist will manage a caseload of approximately 5-8 clients and will work closely with clients and their families to establish goals and provide the skills, strategies and tools required to meet those goals. The Brain Injury Specialist will develop plans and tailor supports to each client, which may include implementation of time management techniques, developing routine schedules, and promoting
community services. The Brain Injury Specialist will frequently check in with clients to monitor their progress and submit detailed reports within the required timelines.
The Brain Injury Specialist will work with clients both in their home and out in the community. The role will require driving throughout Calgary and the surrounding area, including the Rocky View County and Bow Valley region.
- A diploma in a human service field (e.g. Social Work, Psychology, Disability Studies, etc.) or a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalency is required
- Minimum two years experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or mental health challenges; brain injury experience an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and strong critical thinking
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- A vehicle is required for this position as travel to Calgary and surrounding area is required
The schedule for the Brain Injury Specialist is 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday, from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. However, flexibility may be required based on operational needs.
The starting wage for this position is based on education and experience and ranges from $19.25-$20.20/hour.
How to Apply
If interested, please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume using the form below and reference “Brain Injury Specialist” in the Message to Employer box.
Positive Developments Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.