Positive Development Ltd.’s Brain Injury Services division was established in 2002 and has providing innovative supports to the Calgary region ever since. The primary focus of Positive Development Ltd. was and continues to be providing customized individual supports with an emphasis on quality of life, independence, community integration and personal choice. We are committed to providing a wide range of rehabilitation supports, services and programs to survivors of traumatic brain injury.
Positive Developmental Ltd.’s its employees with specialized training, orientation and education to further develop the skills required to provide effective support to our clients. In addition to this
specialized training, each new employee will attend five days of comprehensive, paid agency training. Positive Development Ltd.’s is supportive of the professional growth and development of our staff, and there are ongoing opportunities for additional training and professional development available.
- Delivering quality, specialized client services in accordance to Positive Developments Ltd.’s mission, philosophy, agency and position standards
- Providing support to individuals through community integration, skill learning, and positive quality of life
- Providing client assistance (e.g., behavioural/emotional support, data collection, all levels of personal care, etc.)
- Participating in community and recreational pursuits with clients
- Medication administration and documentation
- Participating in the general upkeep of the group home
Qualifications & Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with and providing supports to individuals with a brain injury
- Educational background in human services (e.g., psychology, social work, disability studies etc.) is preferred
- Flexible to work a variety of hours (days, evenings, overnights, weekends)
- Be able and capable of providing all levels of personal care
The starting wage for this position is based on education and experience and ranges from $17.00-18.29/per hour
How to Apply
Interested candidates may submit their cover letter and resume to using the form below and reference “Rehabilitation Assistant” in the Message to Employer box.
Positive Developments Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.