Agencies and Associations
- Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA)
- Founded in 1980, the Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA) is the leading national organization serving and representing individuals, families and professionals who are touched by a life-altering, often devastating, traumatic brain injury (TBI). Together with its network of more than 40 chartered state affiliates, as well as hundreds of local chapters and support groups across the country, the BIAA provides information, education and support to assist the 5.3 million Americans currently living with traumatic brain injury and their families.
- Northeast Center for Rehabilitation and Brain Injury
- We are a Unique Rehabilitation and Reentry Program Serving Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Neurobehavioral Disorders, Spinal Cord Injury, Ventilator Care and Ventilator Weaning.
- Southern Alberta Brain Injury Society
- The Southern Alberta Brain Injury Society provides lifelong emotional and practical support to adults and children with brain injury, their families and personal support networks; promotes community awareness of brain injury and its prevention.
- Brain Care Centre – Edmonton Region
- Brain Care Centre is a non-profit organization operating out of Edmonton and Edson, Alberta. It provides programs and services to adults who have sustained acquired brain injuries, and their support systems. If you have sustained an acquired brain injury, we are here to help you work toward goals and rediscover your identity.
- Alberta Brain Injury Survival Guide
- This is an educational resource that is not meant to take the place of the advice and recommendations given by health professionals who are experts in the care of people with a brain injury.
Provincial Programs and Initiatives
- Premier’s Council on the Status of Person’s with Disabilities
- Alberta Disabilities Forum
- Assured Income For the Severely Handicapped (AISH)
- AISH benefits administration program
- Office of the Public Guardian
- Alberta Aids to Daily Living
- Government of Alberta
- Alberta Community Disability Services
- Old Age Security and Canada Pension Plan
- Canada Pension Plan
- Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Spouse’s Allowance
- Health Canada’s Aging and Seniors
- Family Benefits
- Social Development Canada’s Online Tax Information Slips
- Alberta Senior Citizens’ Housing Association
- Calgary Homeless Foundation
- Calgary Housing Company
- Home Adaptations for Seniors Independence-HASI